Wednesday, December 21, 2011

yay me

Still a few days before Christmas and my shopping is basically done! I cannot believe it, I am generally one if those crazy Christmas Eve shoppers, cursing the other people filling the shops and making things difficult for me... You know, why on earth would they leave it to the last possible day to do their shopping!

Presents have nearly all been wrapped too, with just two more left to do. I am home alone with my boy this week, and on Friday we all leave to spend Christmas with my folks. The week so far has been good - we have not really done too much, just some playing at home, at Granny's, at a friend, and then another outing to visit a friend after nap time today. Tomorrow another playdate planned, for which I am going to have to make this place look somewhat presentable - it is complete chaos...

Christmas has really snuck up on me this year. With the New Year just round the corner now I have been thinking about what I would like to do / achieve / change next year. I do not make resolutions - I have done them once or twice in the past (but a very long time ago), and they never lasted. But there are a few things I want to change next year, and I think those will be my goals for 2012.

Since a week or so after he had his grommets done, my boy has been talking up a storm. He suddenly started making a lot more, and longer, sentences. The granuloma seems to have cleared with the drops, and we have had no further issues with his ears again. I am amazed at his development at the moment. He is still very busy, and has not given me much time to relax over the past couple of days. Some time soon we will be shopping for bedding and a mattress as I am thinking of moving him to his big boy bed when we are back next week. Yesterday he managed to climb into his cot, with the side up! Getting out is a bit easier..... So I think we are ready.

I had my check-up with my pulmonologist yesterday and all is looking good. My lung function tests and lung x-ray show no change - a good thing, since my lung function tests had already improved earlier this year and is within the normal range, and while the X-ray still shows the sarcoidosis present in my lungs, things have not progressed. My SACE level has increased again slightly - it is now 42, with 50 being the upper limit. At diagnosis this level was 115, went down to 21 after steroids and methotrexate, then increased to 35 at my last test after I had been off the steroids for a couple of months. The doctor is not concerned about this as it is still within range, but I will continue methotrexate for another 4 months before we review again. SACE is a test used to see how active the sarcoidosis is, so obviously an increase is not wanted, but another test I had done showed I am vitamin D deficient, which he believes could indicate the sarcoidosis is not that active at the moment as people with sarcoidosis tend to store excess amounts of it.

My HbA1c reminded at 6.8 %, which I am pretty happy about. I attempted basal testing a couple of weeks ago, failed miserably, but did make a few changes. The changes seem to have worked, but since been on holiday I have been having lows about 2 hours post breakfast - not sure if I am just that relaxed, but I will be watching those in the next day or two. And likely connect a CGMS before going back to work.

1 comments:

Pearlsa said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sweets,

Congratulations on your A1C!

Right it is a few days to Christmas I promise I will start shopping this evening as soon as I am done with work and dinner.