Thursday, November 17, 2011

world diabetes day - what I did

This year I attended a photo exhibition of what my doctor calls "the real heroes" of diabetes. I was asked if I would be willing to participate, and been eagerly anticipating Monday's opening. It went well, although seeing people looking at my picture made me feel really self conscious! I also had to write a short piece to accompany the picture - that was hard!

On Saturday we will be doing a 5km walk - I have been doing this walk since it started, and my husband has been walking with me since the second year. Last year my son joined us too. I enjoy doing the walk, and also knowing that I am surrounded by other people with diabetes. And spotting insulin pumps on others.

And maybe Saturday will motivate me a little more to get some basal testing done. I hooked up to my CGMS again last week, but just never got round to doing it. It is like a mental block - when I know I am going to be doing it and will not be able to eat, it is as though my body wil just need something! Or my BG will not cooperate entirely at the slot I think of doing. I am in desperate need of a little tweaking - I think, as I have not done this in quite some time and have made some basal changes...

1 comments:

Pearlsa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have spent the better part of last week doing basal testing. I do mine in blocks Mornings then on another day I did afternoon then evening.

I am having trouble with the evening one but I will keep trying.

Have a great time at the walk on Saturday.