Thursday, February 4, 2010

first post

So I decided to blog again - my previous blog died a slow and painless death, but here's to this one lasting!  I guess, as before, I will be talking a little bit about pretty much anything, but things affecting my life the most would probably be focussed on most - I am a "new" mom to a gorgeous baby boy.  He was conceived through IVF due to infertility issues on my side.  Despite type 1 diabetes my pregnancy progressed very well (achieving great numbers and never before seen HbA1c-s!), but unfortunately I developed severe pre-eclampsia, and my boy was delivered via emergency c-section at 34 weeks.  He spent a couple of weeks in the NICU, but other than feeding issues was healthy.  I am now trying to be the best mom I can be, and get my numbers back under control (this is proving to be very difficult at the moment...).   That is the short version...

2 comments:

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi there, I just found your blog and wanted to say that I'm really sorry to hear that you developed PE (it sucks huh?! - and that's an understatement). 34 weeks is pretty good though, you did good :) Our daughter was also born at 34 wks, also an emergency c-section - and I'm a T1 too - and yeah, we had feeding issues too... so I'm hearing you loud and clear.

I look forward to hearing more about your little guy as he grows up.

Welcome to motherhood :)

Kaitake said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sweets,

You mention a previous blog, is it still available anywhere? I'm guessing it would be about the IVF and diabetes stuff?

If that's a no-go, please email me at thekaitakeblog@gmail.com to chat. Thanks so much! :)