Monday, March 1, 2010

he slept through!

Things are great - my boy is growing well, and last night was the fourth consecutive night that he has slept through!  It feels good, and gives me so much more time to myself (well, not exactly, more time to get other things done to be exact).  He is feeding well too, although according to the "formula" he has slightly less on some days.  I do not like forcing him to drink more than he wants, and he seems happy and content so I do not think it is a problem.

I just still cannot believe how fast the time is going by since he is with us.  My pregnancy feels like a lifetime away (in some ways I do not really remember much of the pregnancy either - except that it felt really very very long!).  Yesterday was his four month birthday - and I cannot imagine my life without him now.  It is as though he was always meant to be with me, and always has...

Our trip planning is coming along.  I need to collect our passports today as the visas have been processed.  I have started a list - never needed these before!  I still need to figure out how I am going to carry the formula - regulations state no more than 150ml of liquid per container, so I am anyway going to need more water for the bottles, so I am considering taking the powder.  But I am sure there are regulations regarding this too...  I still need o call the airline to book a bassinet, so I will ask my questions then.  Just two more weeks!!

I bought a new baby carrier (this is number 4!), and it is definitely one of my better buys...  He is so comfortable in it, falls asleep within minutes.  It is going to be so great for the trip as I will be on my own and having my hands free will be great.

A doctor visit for me tomorrow - I think the last of my check ups.  I still had some protein a couple of months ago, so hopefully that will now be all cleared up.

1 comments:

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

Just to say - Happy 4 Months. A wonderful milestone timed nicely with sleeping through. What a good little man. He must know that his mummy needs her sleep too :)

Oh the red tape of travelling these days. Let us know how you get on with the airline. I'm curious about that too.

All the best with your doctor's visit. May you get a boringly clean bill of health!