Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Since a few days ago my boy has changed his routine slightly.... Or added some colour to it!  He has started making crying and wimpering sounds in his sleep.  These start at around 02:00 in the morning.  The only constant is that is starts at this time.  Sometimes they "crescendo" from wimpering into crying sounds (but without him waking), once he actually woke up (I had left him to see if he would or not.  And I try not to run immediately he makes a noise...), once he wimpered, wimpered, wimpered, and then went back to sleep.  It has been for about 4 nights, 2 of which saw me fetch him from his room as I was having to get in and out of bed too often.  Not sure what this is all about.  He is not hungry.  Seems to sometimes stop on his own, and also when I give him the dummy.  I do not realy want to get him into the habit of getting the dummy as currently he only really wants it when he is tired and wants to sleep, but "spits" it out once he is asleep...

Then - I think he is going to start teething soon....  His drooling / dribbling has increased by about 10 litres a day (lol - I swear, where does it all come from!) and I have noticed he no longer just sucks on things, he is starting to chew.  I cannot see or feel anything yet, but have gone out and made some purchases of teething "stuff".

 Not sure whether these two could be related??  He does not have a fever thankfully!

Anyway, gotta dash... May be back sooner, but probably 2 weeks.

1 comments:

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

That drool says it all ;) Teeth are imminent.

As for the noises in the middle of the night? We had that too. In my newbie-r days I'd race in there and scoop her up. Now I hang back and play the 'wait and see' game and usually she goes back to sleep within minutes. I could kick myself for all those earlier times when I wish I'd known the wait trick.

Safe travels - grab some baby pamol (pain relief) - you may need it - his timing is a little sucky for your trip! ;)