Thursday, July 15, 2010

Brrrr

Things have been crazy lately.  to be honest, with nothing much really, but just life.  Work has been a bit quieter, but this does tend to make the days at the office drag a little longer, but has also been a relief as I could catch up with other work admin things - the things you keep having to put off because of other more urgent work.  So the week is finally drawing to a close - and next week I have decided to take off!!  So needless to say I am really looking forward to the end of tomorrow.

N is doing his week long hike next week.  They are going to freeze!  It has been quite cold here lately, and the area they are going to has been much colder.  He leaves on Tuesday and back sometime over the next weekend.  I will spend most of the time at home, do my taxes (if I don't find some other excuse not to do it), spend some time with C, and also get in some me time.

N's mom had to have an op this week.  He saw her night before last and she was doing much better.  She would have to stay in the ICU for a few days, and then probably still be in hospital a few days after that.  Hopefully this problem has now been sorted and she can start her treatment. 

Today we are doing a team build activity out of the office.  It is called Art Jamming.  I am so not artistic, really really bad at it.  to be honest, it is not really an activity I would choose to do - it entails the whole group painting a small part of a picture.  the last time I did this the group did not see what the complete picture was until the end, which made it a bit interesting.  This time we know what it is going to be.  It can be fun I guess, but I also find it a little stressful - just because it is not something I can do naturally, so it is not really a relaxing activity for me.

2 comments:

Kaitake said... Best Blogger Tips

Yep sometimes life gets like that. Good that you're going to take the week off! Not so good you have taxes to do. Bah.

I send my best wishes to you both and N's Mom, hope she makes a swift recovery from the op and that treatment goes well.

As for the art, don't worry! Think of it like going back to kindergarten, you get to play! :)

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey this is your staycation week - I just remembered!! Hope you and the little man are having a marvellous time :)