Friday, September 10, 2010

swimming

Well, I kind of feel as though I am swimming in work, swimming in all the things I need/want to get done at home, nearly sinking at times...  But that is not what I wanted to talk about.

We have been thinking about swimming lessons for our little terror (only because he kept me up last night, and then this morning at 4 he wanted to play - literally!) for some time now.  And I guess with summer fast approaching it has been on my mind a lot more lately.  Now I was thinking - what a great activity for dad and son to do together on a Saturday morning.  But dad had other ideas....  He thinks it would be the perfect opportunity for mom to learn to swim - I know, shock horror...  Well, it is not that I can't, but I can't.  I can keep myself afloat, get from one side of a pool to the other in some way or another, probably save myself from drowning if I fell in a pool, but I have never had proper swimming lessons (and it is highly unlikely that you would find me "swimming" in public.

So now I am trying to talk myself into doing it - because it probably would be a good thing for me too, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh yeah! Swimming is great exercise! I love it, and so does my little terror (who also doesn't sleep at night. at all. ever...). That's a great idea and I might need to steal it from you. :)

Marcia (123 blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

Guess what? I can't swim either :)