Friday, April 9, 2010

home sweet home

It has been three weeks - three weeks with limited internet access, and not sleeping in my own bed.  I am glad to be home, but not looking forward to loads of unpacking, cleaning and laundry awaiting me.

My boy and I got back from our holiday Wednesday last week.  We had a great time!  He was such a good boy on all the flights, but traveling with an infant, by yourself, is hard.  Our journey there was much easier - the first domestic flight of two hours was pretty easy.  He slept some of the flight, and did not cry at all.  Our onward journey was about 12 hours, and due to a major screw-up by the airline we were upgraded to business class!  Now that was a good flight :).  He slept some of the flight, but those bassinets on the plane are not the most comfortable.  Adjusting to the time difference was also much easier than I expected, for both of us.  But I had major blood sugar issues for the first few days, and then most nights for the duration of the stay. 

It was such a great trip - I got to see quite a few additional people, but is was so nice seeing my friend, and meeting her boy for the first time.  I was lucky enough not to see any spiders, at least not ones that count...  Sydney is a beautiful city, but I have to admit that I prefer my own city a hundred times over!   After the two weeks though I was more than ready to come home.  It was sad saying good bye, it always is...

The flight back was slightly more difficult.  The international leg on the return is 14 hours, and then we came back economy class - wow what a change!  I really could get used the business class :).  I had no sleep whatsoever on the return journey, so by the time I got home I had been awake in excess of 24 hours.  I flight utterly crap!

And then I had a few days of really bad fluctuating blood sugars to deal with.  I am pretty sure those highs are going to cost me dearly when I go for my HbA1C in a couple of weeks.

Well, now I need to catch up on all the blogs and stuff I have missed out on.  Back soon.

1 comments:

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

Welcome home!!! :) Business class on a stuff up? That's like winning the lottery! :)