Friday, April 30, 2010

6 Months

My boy turned 6 months on Wednesday. I cannot believe it has been 6 months already. It feels like yesterday I had that 34 week OBGYN appointment, which led to an emergency caesarean - he was born 2 hours after my appointment. I am still surprised at how quick things moved once the extent of the PE had been determined. And it is a day I will never forget. I was not really sure what to expect, whether I should cry or not, how worried I really should be, or anything for that matter. I was worried, the trip over to the maternity ward could potentially have just been a 24 hour monitoring along with a round of steroids, with the possibility of a birth later that evening / night. But once the blood had been drawn and I had been seen by another physician they started prepping me for surgery. In the end everything turned out ok - my boy breathed on his own from the start, had pretty good APGAR scores too! And mom got better too... I spent the first 24 hours in the ICU, and my boy on the floor above in NICU, so I only got to spend very limited time with him.


And now he is 6 months! All caught up in growth, and I just cannot believe how much I love him!

This week also marked my return to work. I started yesterday, and to be honest it has gone better than expected. The cold dark early mornings have not been fun though! I am happy with the daycare so far, but I do miss having him with me. Needless to say I am looking forward to the weekend!

My Endo appointment went well. I did have an increase in my A1c, but it was expected. We have decided to give a CGMS a try over a 3 day period. Just waiting to settle back into a routine now that I am back at work before.

2 comments:

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been thinking about you and wondering how your return to work went. Good that it went better than you thought :)

And happy 6 months little fella!!! Oh the sneaky fast birth business. I understand totally. You'll never forget it but thankfully you were in the right places with the right care.

Enjoy your weekend together.

Nici said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy 6 mos. to you and your little guy!

And I'm glad the return to work has been OK. I've not even delivered my little guy yet and I'm already stressing about my return to work!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Nici