Monday, May 3, 2010

Titbits

What a great weekend! Well, it was just really fun spending it with my boy after the two days back at work.


This weekend we introduced some protein and green veg to meals. And he ate the green veggies with no problems! Gulped down the whole bowl of food. I was expecting some really crazy faces and got my husband to be ready with the camera, but we got no funny pictures! Cannot believe how much he actually enjoyed it - and to be quite honest, it did not look very appetising to me... Things have improved a little since we introduced solids a few weeks ago - the constipation seems better, although we still have some bad days. But at least he now goes every day, and not only every few days like before. (Who would ever have thought that "poop" would become an acceptable conversation topic!)

I also took him for a measles vaccine this morning. He was brave, cried only for a brief few seconds after it was given. So the next lot of vaccinations will be in three months.

His weight is still great - basically just below the 50th percentile.

The daycare has been going well. They even send me a pic of him sometime during the day. I am glad that they have been able to follow my routine, rather than getting him into a new routine all together. Even though they do supply food, I have been making his food myself, and packing it for him daily. I initially thought it was going to be quite a time consuming process, but I find it to be quite quick. I made quite a bit on Saturday evening to stock up, and it only took me about 2 hours from start to finish - and this included butternut in the oven, green veg (spinach, baby marrow, broccoli, and green beans), chicken, and sweet potatoes!

I have also started him on a sippy cup. Not going to great at the moment - he is still not 100% sure what to do with it. It is just so amazing how these little ones change and grow!

Work has been good - and it is a bit refreshing to be doing something different for a change. Also being able to do things in my own time, and go to the loo without ever having an audience!

2 comments:

rachaelgking said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome! I hope the green veggies thing sticks :-)

Saffy said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad that DS is settling into daycare so nicely. Are there many little 'little' people there? What's the setting like? I'm always curious. D's potential daycare has a separate room for the <14 months. About 9 of them in total. Oh and r.e sippy cups - sounds normal - D can drink out of one sometimes - other times she just can't quite get it.

All the best for your first full week back :)